The saying goes that the pen is mightier than the sword, and although times have moved on to include the typewriter, keyboard and mobile device keypad in that bracket, the context is still the same. Words can have a powerful impact and we all know what good writing is. The novel you can’t put down, the author whose latest releases are always in your hand, the poem that you’ve never forgotten, and the speech that has changed your outlook.
Business writing has the same potential as any other type of writing. But the goals and format are always set out from the get-go; the language is concrete, the point of view is clear, and the points are well expressed.
This course will give you the tools to become a better writer in a business environment, helping you to practice and become more confident in your own writing ability.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- The value of good written communication
- How to write and proofread your work so it is clear, concise, complete and correct
- How to apply these skills in real world situations
- Understanding the proper format for memos, letters, and emails
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Self-evaluations as you make your way through the course to help you track your progress
- Improve your writing skills and help to change your organisation and the way they approach written communication
- Utilise the skills as soon as you finish the course
- Extracurricular resources given so you can build further on your newfound knowledge