Cheap Care Certificate Standard 15: Infection Prevention and Control Online Course
It is important to realize that employees within health and social care work settings should have knowledge of Infection Prevention and Control Online Course. Care Certificate Standard 15: Infection Prevention and Control Online Course will make a great addition to their work life and also increase their awareness. In addition, this care certificate standard 15 course is also suitable for those who work in other adult and children’s community services.
Infection and infectious diseases in humans are caused when harmful germs, known as pathogens (or pathogenic micro-organisms), enter the body and grow. These micro-organisms are so small they can only be seen by using a microscope.
Infectious diseases, unlike other diseases such as heart disease and diabetes, can spread from person to person. As with all illnesses, prevention is better than cure. Following agreed ways of working that stop the spread of pathogens can help to prevent and control infection.
This will help you to deepen your knowledge and develop your skills and abilities to meet the needs of your role. It may include opportunities to undertake specialist qualifications. Speak to your manager for more information.
- Describe the main ways an infection can get into the body
- Demonstrate effective hand hygiene
- Explain how their own health or hygiene might pose a risk to the individuals they support or work with
- List common types of personal protective clothing, equipment and procedures and how and when to use them
- Explain the principles of safe handling of infected or soiled linen and clinical waste
Notice: This online duty of care course can be taken as a CPD course as well as a part of our Care Standard Full Package.