Join the online revolution by learning the skills required to develop web applications using Microsoft’s ASP.NET and HTML 5 technologies. Using Microsoft-approved courseware, students will learn everything they need to build robust, scalable and efficient applications using the ASP.NET MVC framework and HTML 5 for output.
The Microsoft Developer Training course is perfect for:
- Software developers who need to learn the latest web development techniques and languages.
- Web developers looking to specialise in Microsoft tools and methodologies.
- Programmers who want to cross-train from other web technologies.
- IT professionals and other individuals who want to start a new career in programming and web development
ASP.NET is Microsoft’s flagship web development framework, marrying perfectly with other Microsoft technologies like Internet Information Server (IIS). Coupled with the latest HTML 5 coding standards, applications built using these two technologies are exceptionally powerful and flexible.
Using a blend of instructor led videos and self-study resources, the Microsoft Developer Training course is delivered via the Internet, making contents available anyplace anytime, to fit in around the student’s existing schedule. Participants can use the built-in social networking tools to learn from other course delegates whilst end of section tests help them assess whether they are fully ready to sit the Microsoft developer exams and earn their qualification.
Key Learning Points
Over the course of 16 modules, students will learn everything they need to begin building effective web applications using Microsoft tools and technologies. As their skills develop, students will learn how to secure applications to protect data and user privacy.
The first half of the course takes students through the open source ASP.NET MVC application framework, showing them:
- The fundamentals of ASP.NET and building first applications.
- How to design and develop applications, models and controllers using ASP.NET.
- Managing and protecting data through the use of storage, monitoring and disaster recovery/backup provisioning.
- Advanced considerations such as portability, interoperability, and on-demand delivery methods like IaaS, PaaS and SaaS.
- Designing business continuity and disaster recovery solutions for Cloud environments.
- Back-end operations and considerations for Cloud datacenters.
The second half of the course delves further into ASP.NET development and how it is interfaced with HTML 5 for data display. Training modules will cover:
- Advanced ASP.NET web application design.
- Advanced ASP.NET development of models and controllers.
- Using HTML 5 to apply styles to ASP.NET web applications and improve the visual appearance of data.
- Testing and debugging ASP.NET web applications to ensure they run correctly prior to deployment.
- Structuring ASP.NET web applications to ensure they will scale properly once deployed.
Advantages of this course
Upon completion of the course, students will be ready to design, program and deploy advanced ASP.NET web applications. Among the many benefits of the Microsoft Developer training course are:
- The ability to design and develop cutting-edge web applications that meet specific business needs.
- A full understanding of Microsoft’s latest ASP.NET release, version 4.5.
- A working knowledge of how to style data output using HTML 5 to improve its visual appearance.
- Improved on-the-job performance, helping employees be more effective in their development roles.
- Improved job prospects – students who complete the Microsoft developer exams earn an average of 20% more than their unqualified colleagues
- Full preparation to sit the relevant developer qualifications
By applying the techniques demonstrated in the course modules, students will acquire valuable skills that immediately translate into improved development output. By sitting the related Microsoft exams, delegates will be ready for promotion or accept a suitable position elsewhere.
ASP .NET MVC
.NET 4.5 Programming with HTML 5