SharePoint can be many things to many people and is one of the most versatile software applications out there today. For most, it is a workflow management and collaboration tool, one that easily plugs into pretty much any organisations existing setup, straight ‘out of the box’.
Because of its versatility, it’s uses aren’t limited to just this however. A lot of organisations use SharePoint as a project management tool, from planning projects, right through to management, reporting and completion. Some people use SharePoint as a stepping stone before moving onto Microsoft’s Project 2013, which allows for even greater project management functionality, for which we also have a course on.
The SharePoint exam (70-339) has 7 different objectives:
- Design SharePoint Infrastructure
- Plan authentication and security
- Plan workload optimisation
- Plan productivity solutions
- Manage search capabilities
- Plan and configure cloud services
- Monitor and optimise a SharePoint environment
Combining the knowledge from both this course and the advanced course will cover all you need to pass the 70-339 exam, and more, to become a well-rounded SharePoint professional.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
This course assumes you have no prior knowledge or use of Microsoft SharePoint, and therefore can take you from beginner level to intermediate level.
- You will learn how to plan the deployment of SharePoint for your organisation
- Subsequently, you will learn how to deploy SharePoint in your organisation, and then continue to monitor and maintain SharePoint.
- You will learn how to set up roles and access levels for information
- You will be able to set up universal search functions for your organisation’s data, as well as incorporating external data sources.
ADVANTAGES OF THE COURSE
SharePoint can improve workflow management and therefore productivity for your organisation, so becoming proficient in the setup and management of a SharePoint solution can greatly improve your business’ productivity.